Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The courtyard is finished!!

Hooray! Our courtyard is finally finished. Just in time for winter, which starts next week :)

No seriously, it looks fantastic. I am so happy with it. It's come together beautifully. I have been planning and imagining the courtyard for three years now, so it's just so exciting to have it done. The boys did such a good job on it and took great care to ensure it was finished to a very high standard. And so it should be considering the cost. My goodness it's expensive to have landscaping done. But, we now have a garden room on the house and it will be lovely in summer and also on sunny winter days. Can't wait to get out there with a gin and tonic in hand.

Here are some before and after photos:




























6 comments:

Laura said...

It looks great Lily! Enjoy!

Judy said...

Oh excellent job, Lily!! Great design you came up with. I think it's perfect! You got exactly what you need, and a place to sit and relax. Hurry out before it gets too cold!!!

I made my dentist appt. Yuck!

Linda C. said...

The courtyard is lovely. Also, love that picture of you and your little darling. What a dumpling!

Thanks for your nice comments on my new blog. I'm having a great time already!

Frances said...

Looks great - lovely place to read with a glass of wine.

Unknown said...

Hi Lily,
your courtyard turned out so beautiful such a peaceful spot to meditate and enjoy nature in all it's glory winter thru summer. Thanks for stoping by. I enjoy hearing from you....Hugs Tina

Tiffany said...

It looks beatiful! What a wonderful place to go and relax in!