Thursday, March 30, 2006

It fits!

I made this layette for Romily before she was born. I was seven months pregnant and had a new sewing machine and decided I'd make something for my winter baby. Well, obviously I had no idea how little babies really were! The layette is around a size 0 or even a smallish size 1.

Of course, it's now perfect for this fast-approaching winter! Here she is wearing it for the first time. We went for a walk this morning and it was a little cool out, so we gave the purple all in one fleecy a good workout. It passed with flying colours!

Not a bad effort after 15 years of being a 'sew-free' zone :)

2 comments:

Heather B said...

That is adorable!

Wow, her eyes are so piercing in the bottom photo - shes going to be a heartbreaker :)

Finn said...

absolutely beautiful..the baby and the sewing! I can just imagine that that fleece is sooo comfortable for her to wear, soft and warm..perfect!

Great job from a no sew zone!!