Oh yay! I finished my first ever quilting project. Okay, let's not get too excited, it's just a small cushion, but it's a start! I'm just so pleased that I stuck to it and finished it. It looks great. Not perfect, but great.
I hit a few snags along the way! When it came time to stitch the piping and back to the quilted top, I realised the piping was way too fat to fit next to the sewing foot on my machine, so I had to hand stitch the entire cushion cover! After several false starts (which I unpicked), I eventually worked out that I needed to stitch the piping to the cushion top and then to stitch that to the back. Once I had this licked, it was easy!
The cushion is for Romily and has her initials and birthdate stitched onto the heart, which you can see in the detail photo.
Originally I thought I'd have the heart in the centre of the cushion, but after I'd patched the pieces together I realised it looked much better in the bottom left panel. I left the backing on the applique webbing so the heart 'crinkles' when you touch it. Perfect for a baby to play with :)