Sunday, March 19, 2006

We have progress!

I am pleased to report that while I've been missing in action for a few days I have made some progress on the cushion cover I'm making for Romily. I've almost finished the quilted top - I am just blanket stitching around the heart applique. You can see in the pictures here that I chose a very simple quilting pattern for my first effort. It turned out okay - the lines are almost straight!!!

Once I've appliqued the heart on, I'll attach it to the cushion back and piping. I've got the cushion insert already, so then it'll just be a matter of hand-stitching up the open side and voila!! Romily's already been eyeing it off - looking at all the patterns and colours.

1 comment:

Finn said...

Hi Lily, sorry to have been stuff. The patches look are doing a great job, and I think she is going to really love this cushion. Hugs, Finn