Saturday, March 11, 2006

Fidget bum

Do you think fidgeting could be genetic? My husband and I are incessant fidgets. Neither of us can just sit calmly without picking, pulling, rubbing or touching something. It looks like young Romily has inherited this from us. She just never stops. She's the go-go kid.

My mum said she had never seen a baby feed like Romy. Legs and arms going in all directions, pulling on and off the boob and generally doing anything but feeding! She does get a good feed in, but she just so distracted by EVERYTHING that it takes a while. She certainly doesn't have any good feeding manners!

We still wrap her up to sleep. We've tried weaning her off the swaddling, but she's just so busy sucking her fingers, rubbing her eyes, tugging her ears, playing with her feet that she just wont go to sleep. She gets more and more tired to the point where she goes feral. Unfortunately, our brilliant sleeper has decided she doesn't like it anymore and is getting harder to put down for a sleep. She has even started waking up in the night for feeds. We think it's more teeth, but it's hard to know for sure.

This has been a hard week. I know I've been incredibly lucky to have a baby who has slept so well up until now, but I feel like we've really regressed these past few days and it's very exhausting.

However, she remains adorable and I just love her to bits. I just keep chanting "This will get better" to myself and look forward to being on the other side of teething.

3 comments:

molly | mommycoddle.com said...

What a cute picture! I can totally relate to these episodes of bad sleep. My girls have been great sleepers, mostly because we read a great book about sleep before Emma was born. But they still go through short phases like you're going through now. Then usually, at the end there's an explanation--like teeth or a cold or something. Things eventually seem to get back to normal. Hang in there!

Heather B said...

With all that activity it sounds like she will be quick to walk - and run!

And then you are in a world of hurt :)

PS - I am happy we are link pals too!

Jennifer said...

She is adorable! I have an active kid as well, look out once she starts walking...and climbing on everything! They are so much faster than we are :)

Thanks for the comments you lef ton my blog...I have added pictures of the new baby if you would like to see my little redhead :)