Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The outlook for 2009 is BRIGHT!

Two friends of mine are expecting babies in late Jan/early Feb - both boys. I have challenged myself to make cot quilts for them using up some of the gorgeous FQs I got for my birthday as part of my online quilting group swap. I was dreaming up all kinds of designs for these two beauties, but, in the end, decided that the fabric is so wild I had to let it speak for itself.I found some lime green with purple fabric for the binding, and will back it in bright orange. I'm going to hand quilt some highlighting in the main feature panel in purple perle cotton, but I haven't worked out how I'll quilt the rest - very simply I think!

The second one will be just as bright, although a little different, as the other fabrics aren't quite as wildly busy. So yes, 2009 is looking bright!

And, very tardily, here is my beatiful bubba at 4 months and one week (I got a bit behind with Christmas and all). He's such a lovely, happy, smiley boy!And a big happy new year to everyone. Let's hope 2009 is good to us all and that the economic crisis isn't as bad as predicted. Also that the Aussie dollar comes back up a bit - Equilter got a lot more expensive!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

And a happy new year to you and yours Lily

dutchcomfort said...

Sorry to read about your blogfriend Tina!

I hope 2009 will be a very happy, loving, inspired and healthy year to your and your family!!

Joyce said...

I'm sure both babies will love their quilts. Happy New Year to you and your family. You have a gorgeous little boy there!!!

Clare said...

Happy New Year to you too - you are now in 2009 and we're not there yet!

Yes please to more red and whites if and when you have time.

xx

Bec Clarke said...

I just love the way you have kept the FQ intact. I have a couple of pieces that I wasn't sure what to do with but that is a great idea. Love the updated pic of Tristan, can't believe how they grow so fast.

Two Dogs and a Quilt said...

A cute green quilt and even cuter baby boy!