Monday, November 26, 2007

Romily's first photos

Well I'm her mum, so I'm allowed to tell you how clever my little one is! Indulge me if you will.

At 27 months, Romily:
  • Can count to 10 - she really can! Not just repeating numbers, but counting objects. She also recognises all numbers up to nine.
  • Just about knows her alphabet! Out of the 26 letters, she can recognise around 20. She tells us which letter words start with - and gets very excited when she announces 'Starts with a T, Mummy!' They're like little sponges at this age!
  • Has just about toilet trained herself. Romily has been out of nappies during the daytime for about a month now. She still wears them at night, as she's dry only every second night or so. She just loves her undies, especially the Pooh Bear ones :)
  • Has also worked out mummy's camera. She even tried out different settings, turning the dial around by herself, looking through the eyepiece, and pressing the shutter:


She's my clever little angel. Oh and she started calling Carl by his name on Saturday! It was so funny! 'Where's Carl, Mummy?'

---------

I must also tell you that I was not the inventor of green scrambled eggs! I read it somewhere...although for the life of me cannot remember. Regardless, it was a big hit :)

4 comments:

Joyce said...

That is an impressive amount of knowledge for that age.

Doodlebug Gail said...

I am so glad that you share all of Romily's milestones with us who read your blog. She's a gorgeous little girl and obviously very bright as well.

Unknown said...

Little sponges is exactly the right expression - I remember someone telling me when mine were little that they learn more in the first five years of their lives than the whole of the rest of it. As for calling Daddy by his first name I vividly remember DD1 standing at the bottom of the stairs shouting 'Nigel! where are you?' up to her daddy when she was a similar age - his retort to her as he descended the stairs was 'It's Daddy to you, young lady!!!'

Cathy said...

what a clever little girl. I don't think it is bragging if you are the mum. That's what mums are for!!