Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Romping about


No sign of our errant puss...no doubt cold weather/rain will drive him home eventually...

I had a lovely long weekend, having yesterday off as a day 'in lieu' of working weekends recently. I could get used to a 3-day weekend!

I have been sewing merrily away, finishing off the romper for baby A. It's pretty cute and hopefully will fit him - he's a big boofa! He was around 4.7kg, which is on the big side! I made the 3-6 months size, so hopefully it will do the trick.

It's the same Simplicity pattern as the dress I made, but the romper version. It has side pockets (detail below) and a snap crotch. Sewing the snap tape was the most difficult part of the process, which surprised me - I thought the sleeves might be, but they were dead easy :)


And, as you can see, I even put a zip in :) It'll go in the mail tomorrow. I so hope it fits and it's liked!

13 comments:

Joyce said...

I love the little side pockets. Sooo cute. I used to buy snaps on tape and then you just have to sew on the tape with a zipper foot. You don't have to stress over placement either. I used to keep sewing the big one on upside down. I don't know if they still make it but I found it well worth the bit extra I had to pay for the tape.

fallen~from~grace said...

Oh it's gorgeous!!!! I love the material you've used, those little bees are adorable. I'm sure the 3-6mth size will fit well as I had a 4.6kg one myself and she was in a newborn size for nearly a month.

~Bren~ said...

Beautiful. It looks like the perfect romper for the season there. I love the gingham and bees.

Laura said...

I have had fun catching up with you! I am so sorry to hear about Bashka, I am sure she will turn up soon! Sending good thoughts your way!

Unknown said...

Hi Lily,
I love the romper it is so cute, I just wanted to let you know that I am still alive and trying to stay healthy as I can, it has been a trying couple of months with my cancer and my father being very sick, I went to visit him for nine day's after I came back form MD Anderson Hospital in Houston Texas (Cancer Hospital)my Dad passed away on the 8th of October I know that he is with the Lord but boy I sure do miss him. Romily is looking so cute she has really grown ....Well honey I just wanted to say hi...Love and Hugs Tina

Cathy said...

that looks just fantastic - well done.

Love the fabric and your little details.

Bianca said...

gorgeous! I love the fabric..so cute..

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous! Well done. I am sure it will be more than liked, it will be loved!

Little Munchkins said...

I am glad that Bashka has been seen and hopefully will be back soon.

On the sewing front, I love the cute bees fabric. I am sure it will be well recieved too.

Unknown said...

This is terrific Lily - I love the buzzy bee fabric :o)

Helen said...

Very cute Lily! I love ginham!

Corrie said...

thats gorgeous and wow 4.7! I thought keira was huge at 3.9kgs!!!!!!!

adorable
Corrie:)

Anonymous said...

Adorable jumper and the dress in the link is nice too.