Friday, August 25, 2006

Stompin' pants

A toddler's got to have stomping pants! These fluffy, baggy pants I made for my twin nephews' first birthday, which is coming up in one week's time. I just finished them last night. I also sewed some letters onto the collars of some long-sleeved t-shirts to match the ones I stitched onto the backside of the pants.

They are very similar to a pair I made for Romy a while back. I hope the boys get some wear out of them. They will look so cute!


I made a flying visit (literally - I got on a plane this morning and flew back this afternoon) to Sydney today for work. We had a big awards day at one of our sites and dear old me had to go to take the photos. Now, I'm not the world's best photographer and the camera is not all that brilliant. I don't know why they are too nervous to have a professional photographer do the job! It would have cost less than it did to fly me up for the day and we would have had some great shots - not just workaday photos like I've taken. And I could have got some real work done! Oh well, it was nice to get out of the office for the day.

But thank goodness it's the weekend. Yay!

I hope you all enjoy yours :)

2 comments:

Patti said...

I've never heard of "stompin' pants". Is that an Australian term? They are as cute as they can be. I hope you can post a picture of the boys wearing them.

I don't blame you for not wanting to spend a work day like that!

Finn said...

Hi Lily, what great stomping pants! And tops! I think Romy will be just as cute as a button in hers, and I know the twins would love them..great choice to use two colors for trim!
I'm sure your pictures were just fine, but can understand where it would have been better for you to be where the work gets done..*VBS* Hugs, Finn