Thursday, April 27, 2006

All aboard!

Romy and I had the best fun yesterday! Our playgroup meeting was not at our usual venue - a preschool - but at the Kingston Miniature Railway. I had no idea what to expect, as I'd never heard of it before, but it was just fabulous!

They have a miniature train, the Bunyip Railway, which tootles around a 900-metre track adjacent to the railway museum. The trains are run by volunteer engineers - they are a bunch of lovely gents who just love steam trains. They were excellent and let us go round and around again. Romily just loved the whole thing and was bopping up and down on the seat, which is her sign to go faster!

It was a beautiful autumn day and just the thing to do in the sunshine with a bunch of excited under-2s. Bliss.

(I may have enjoyed the ride more than Romily!)


2 comments:

ForestJane said...

She's such a cutie! I love kids when they're old enough to interact with you but not old enough to sass you back. :)

Re: the block, if you have EQ and want me to send you the file, I would be happy to.

Jane

Finn said...

Hi Lily, what a wonderful day and outing...good memory makers..*VBS*

Wanted to tell you that what you thought was a square quilt over at pieces, is just one 12.5" block of a pattern that Linda J. showed.So far I had only made that one block of many needed for a quilt.

You could certainly make up those blocks from 2.5" squares and turn them into a rectanglar quilt if that was your desire..*VBS*