Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Groovy pants


I am so pleased with how well Romily's overalls turned out. While a supposedly *easy* pattern, I did find it a little tricky around the bib. But we got there and they fit, with plenty of growing room. I've sewn on three rows of buttons on the straps, so she'll be wearing these through to next summer.

I'm glad I made these before I start my beginner patchwork class in May - my sewing skills were very rusty, and this project combined with the cushion are getting rid of the cobwebs! I think I'm going to make a snuggle bunny comforter for Romy next. It's a hopeful replacement for her nighttime dummies, which she seems to lose on a regular basis. Most of the bunny will be hand-sewn, which is, again, good practice for the quilt I'll be making!

2 comments:

Judy said...

CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!! Give yourself a hand, they look fantastic! She looks adorable as always. You are right about the practice, you are definately ready for quilting class!

Finn said...

Hi Lily, I think you did a great job on the overalls!! I remember making a ton of those type pants for my babies..they look soooo cute on her...good job!!