Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Another little project

Thanks for all the lovely comments re my outrageous fabric choices!! Now for something completely different...if you love beautiful florals and simply gorgeous but simple sewing projects and fabric that would be absolutely stunning in quilts, head over to Grand Revival Design and check out Tanya's range of fabrics.

Then visit the Projects & Ideas page - I bought the pattern for this fabulous bag (left). I've never made a bag before, but this is the one to get it all started! I have some thermal lined fabric I'm going to use, as I really need a lunch bag for work - at the moment I'm recycling plastic shopping bags from the supermarket - not the look I prefer! I bought the pattern from the fabulous online Australian quilting fabric store Quilt Fabric Delights, as well as some freezer paper and a lovely soft pink Kona fabric. Very speedy delivery too!

No stitching this week, but I did get all that Kaufmann/South Sea Imports fabric washed and pressed, ready to go. Boring but necessary!

I am feeling much better - still a little vague and chesty, but much improved. Let's hope my health continues to return, as I have the most unbelievably busy month coming up at work, as well as Romily's 2nd birthday to celebrate on Sunday week. Phew! I am tired just thinking about it.

I will leave you with this gorgeous sunrise photo I took this morning. There were all kinds of gorgeous pinks and tangerine colouring the sky. It was a lovely way to start the day :)

10 comments:

Belinda said...

Oh my goodness, what an amazing sight to wake up to! You are so lucky!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Beautiful sunrise! I looked at that website, what gorgeous fabrics and I really like your idea to make an eye-catching lunch bag. And just to put ideas into your head (LOL) that little sundress in the middle of the projects page would look so darling on your little darling. Don't you agree?

Joyce said...

Love the bag. A sunrise like that is worth getting up for. Sunrise is actually my favorite time of day but it comes early in the summer!

~Bren~ said...

What a beautiful picture of your morning view! Exciting time those 2's!!

Unknown said...

Lovely fabrics Lily - especially partial to the dots!

Frances said...

What good design - simple but big enough for lunch! Looks great. Can't wait to see your version.

Little Munchkins said...

That is an amazing sight! Love the simplicity of the bag, can't wait to see your version too.

Clare said...

Beautiful sunrise. I guess you must be in Autumn now when there are most spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Can't believe Romily is nearly 2!

Lynn Dykstra said...

I love the fabric you used for this bag--and the length is great.

Helen said...

Wow, what a stunning sunrise. And very funky bag! Has it got a zip?? Was trying to work it out from the pict...