Thursday, August 05, 2010

Happy birthday to my darling girl

I cannot believe Miss Romily is five! But she is. Such a beautiful, happy, crazy child. I love her to bits.I baked her a cake to celebrate - the Lazy Ladybug from the AWW Bake cookbook. We all sang happy birthday tonight after dinner and she blew out the candle. Here she is with Carl just after we turned the lights back on.And two dozen cupcakes to share with her preschool friends today. Here they are in the Cupcake Courier I bought a while back. How cool is this contraption?! (There's another layer, but I only needed the two today! The lone cupcake without decoration is for one of Rom's friends who apparently doesn't like icing...strange child! LOL)Romily's party is on Saturday, so stand by for more baking and fun photos! I'll also have to post a couple of her riding her new bike - she was so happy to receive her present and said a very genuine thank you. I think at her age I would have been so interested in ripping open my other presents that I wouldn't have even thought to say thank you!

She's such a wonderful kid. Happy birthday my little friend.

9 comments:

Clare said...

Happy Birthday Romilly.

It's been great following your escapades over the last 5 years and I look forward to reading about the next 5 years of fun and games.

xxx

AJ said...

Love the cake!
She had grown into a beautiful little girl. Congrats to you and Carl on a job well done!

Happy Birthday Romily...hope you enjoy your party on Saturday!

dutchcomfort said...

Happy Birthday Romily! You lucky girl to have a mom who bakes the most delicious cupcakes and a lazy ladybug. I bet it tasted delicious!

I hope your birhtday party will be a bliss!

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Happy Birthday, Romily! I think five is the best of all possible ages.
And Lily, what a cake!
My birthday is in October - could you make me one, too? And a bunch of cupcakes for all our flash friends? I'll take the extra icing that weird kid doesn't want.

Doodlebug Gail said...

5 already!? Lily, she's beautiful. Love the cake and that cupcake carrier is very cool indeed! Miss Romy, enjoy your party on Saturday - what fun!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday to Romily! Looks like she had a great day

Karen said...

Hope you had a great day Romily - I love that cake Lily - but how's this for odd, in my book it's called Lucy Ladybird - so I made it for Lucy's 1st birthday!!

Kelly said...

Aww Happy Birthday Romily!
Great cakes Lily, Have a great party!

Helen said...

Happy 5th Birthday Romily!!