Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Daniel's quilt all wrapped up

After a three-month delay, I also finally finished the quilt for my friend's baby who was born in January - I posted a pic of the finished top way back in February, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get it finished until last week. I'm sure Jo and baby Daniel will understand! Daniel is Jo's second baby too.
I am very happy with this quilt. I am sure Jo will like it too. It's just in time for winter anyway!

I'm not the only one who loved the Tula Pink Full Moon Forest fabric. Check out AJ's and Nicolette's (4th photo down) work - more examples of how fabric can be used in such totally different ways to make beautiful quilts!

7 comments:

Emma said...

Gorgeous! Your quilting is really effective.

Joyce said...

It's beautiful. I usually combine colors with black but this one makes me think I want to try one with white instead. It looks so crisp.

dutchcomfort said...

Oh my, Tristan is growing so fast!!!
I love your Tula Pink quilt! What a great idea to use the charms this way!!

Louise said...

I love it! Simple designs really are my favourites, they make the fabric the star. Those colours are beautiful, and the white really makes them pop :)

Anonymous said...

That is stunning and I just love the way you quilted it.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i love this... so simple but so sleek... it features the charms so well! i have fabric from flutterby, nest and neptune but only one single piece of full moon forest... i can't wait for hushabye!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a modern and stylish baby quilt! Looks so effective. I am sure your friend will love it !!