Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Two posts in a week! Must be on a roll!

Well since no one (other than Sarah) liked the landscape/art quilts, I thought I'd show off the finally-finished jeans I made for my nephew for his seventh birthday. This is the first piece of clothing I've made from the latest Ottobre magazine (04/2007, #29) and I found it quite challenging. Who knew you sewed the crotch seam before the leg seams when making jeans? I didn't and with terribly scant instructions, I didn't discover this until too late! I made some...ahem...adjustments, so I hope they actually fit him! We are heading down to Melbourne for a visit in September, so I can fix up hem lengths, etc. then, if necessary.

The owl is made from some leftover fabric I used in Wonky Geese. Isn't he cute?


And hooray it's hump day! The week is more than half done. Thank goodness. September can't come soon enough for me!

16 comments:

Cass said...

Great pants they look fantastic

Anonymous said...

They're fantastic! What a lucky nephew. I am sure he will love them.

Sahra said...

Gorgeous pants! I love the Alien too

Leah said...

They are amazing! Well done!

Helen said...

Lily these look fanastic! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Great Jeans, but i like the quilts (yes, the landscape/art ones!) better! Especially love 'Icarus' and 'Bungle Bungles'

Peggy-Jean said...

snaps to you for trying something different. I haven't ventured into clothing yet, I'll stick to my straight line stitches!!! Love the owl by the way...

Little Munchkins said...

They are great. I love that owl too. Thanks for the tip on the crotch :p Something to keep in mind if I sew this too.

Unknown said...

Lovely trousers - I loved the landscape quilts especially the 'She sells sea shells'

Jenni said...

They look amazing Lily, and all that detail! I would agree with you about the leg seams - I have a vague recollection of sewing some pants once, and I think I sewed up both side-seams of the legs, turned one leg inside out, put right sides together and did the crotch with 2 rows of stitches. So I don't think you were crazy to do that first. As for the landscape quilts - I have 1150 posts to read on my bloglines, so I'm not quite up to date! I like the plain landscape ones, but aren't too keen on the ones with animals or pictures on them, if you know what I mean. You are lucky to be in Canberra, as there seems to be a lot of great quilters there.

fallen~from~grace said...

WOW! I saw these pants in the Ottobre magazine abd thought they were one to try for my 2 yr old, but I wasn't game. After seeing how well yours turned out, I am gonna give it a go!
They look fantastic and I love the little OWL embellishment on them!

tigerfilly said...

These are just so professional looking, what a brilliant job you've done on them and I love love love the little owl :)

Unknown said...

These are just fabulous! I love the owl and the twin stitching looks so professional. Well done!

david santos said...

Congratulations, Lyli!
Very good work, thank you and have a good weekend

Austysmum said...

Wow - wonderful work. Cute little owl too.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to dress up a pair of pants in a fun and whimsical way. I'll have to try thsi although I'm not very good at applique. Great project.



Lisa
http://lisatutmanoglesby.typepad.com/my_weblog/