Sunday, June 17, 2007

Birthday treats


I was truly spoilt yesterday - and thanks for all your birthday wishes.


I had a lovely long sleep-in and then Romily helped me open my presents. We then had a lovely afternoon together, with the day topped off by my favourite dinner - roast chicken with roast pumpkin and potato and some token greens. Then the cake!


Romily was enraptured with the idea of cake and candles, but got a bit scared when it came time to blow them out. We might have to practice a few more times before her birthday in August.

I also received some gorgeous scarves, socks and beads from my parents and brother and sister-in-law. My present from my other brother is being shipped from Amazon next week and I can't wait to get it. I'll post about it when it arrives.

Carl and Romily also gave me Richard E Grant's latest book - The Wah Wah Diaries. Can't wait to read it. I love him! Not as much as I love my husband, of course!

5 comments:

Duyvken said...

happy birthday dear Lily. And OMG Romily looks so much like you as child, it's incredible. Poor Carl must feel quite left out! Enjoy the book.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Happy Birthday, and well done on the sleep-in! Your hubby looks like mine...they definitely get their hair cut at the same place!!
Sounds like you had a good time, isn't it extra fun when the kids get right into it! Tracey

Clare said...

Belated Happy Birthday Lily. Aren't lie in's lovely. The cake looks gorgeous. I have become addicted to roast pumpkin/squash and roast sweet potatoes. Have a good week.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Lily - here's to many more!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Sounds like a lovely day and is that a chocolate ripple cake? Yum.

Oh and my husband also goes to the same hairdresser.