Thursday, April 12, 2007

Still waiting

Well we bought some software we hoped might fix our Mac computer, but to no avail. The computer is now back at the shop with the technicians, who will take 3-5 days to even look at it. The good news is that even if the computer is cactus, they'll be able to salvage all of our image files - which, sadly, I hadn't backed up for quite a while.

Thank goodness that at least will be possible, as I would be very upset if we lost all of the photos I've taken over the last few months. Let this be a lesson to me. And to you! PLEASE BACK UP YOUR DATA NOW!!

The laptop that I am writing this post on is also broken, as you may recall - the USB ports are fried, so I can't download anything from my camera. But, the good news is that we've finally ordered our new computer, which should be here within the week. Romily won't be allowed near that one and she'll be quite disappointed. We'll let her bash this laptop about though, as it's now worthless. It can be 'Romily's computer'! Hopefully she'll be happy with that.

In the time I would have spent downloading photos and editing them, posting on here, etc, I've been quite productive! I have almost finished machine quilting the centre panel of Campbell's quilt. I'm just doing a very loose overlapping wavy line up and down and across and back again. I can't remember what it's called! I'm having a little trouble with my machine again - I'm having that thread bunching on the bottom problem - but after doing some research on the Internet, I've discovered it's not in fact a problem with the bobbin, but with the top thread. I think I'll change my needle over and see if that helps. If not, it'll have to go in for a service - but not until I've finished the machine quilting on this quilt!

Then I'll hand quilt some baptist fans around the borders - I've never tried it before, but I'm going to follow Tonya's tutorial, now hosted on Bonnie's Quiltville.com website. Looks easy enough - let's hope it is in practice!

------------------

We had a lovely Easter - stayed close to home, but went out every day. Sometimes just the three of us (which is my favourite way to spend a day), sometimes with other adults, and other times with lots of kids around. Romily was fabulous fun, and although she doesn't yet 'get' Easter, she certainly got the hang of the Easter egg hunt and then eating the booty! She had her first ever chocolate, and - no surprises here - loved it!! She'll be allowed a little piece or two here and there, but it won't be a regular thing until she's old enough to know a little goes a long way. Of course her mother never really learnt that, so I might be kidding myself!

------------------

Sorry I haven't been getting around to everyone's blogs much lately. So busy and then so tired when I'm not busy. Let's hope I can find some motivation to get back out exercising again and build up some energy stores.

------------------

And let's hope that by the time I post next I am able to share some photos!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your machines. Hopefully,changing the needle will help with the sewing macine anyway. As for computers, I am so lucky to have tech children. My twin grandsons fixed several things on my computer during Easter Sunday but I don't let them near my sewing machine!

Duyvken said...

I hope the computer is fixed quickly! I followed Tonya's tutorial for the freehand fans and I loved doing them. They're what I quilted in the border of Jem's castle quilt.