Friday, April 06, 2012

A scarf for Romily

So there's an upside to being confined to bed for two weeks! Craftapalooza! I decided to teach myself how to knit properly - with a world of resources at my fingertips via the world wide web, I've been able to work out how to cast on properly (long tail cast on) and how to weave in ends properly (duplicate stitch method), neither of which I knew how to do before.



I bought this yarn about two years ago for Romily, intending to knit a scarf for her for winter - alas that coincided with my return to work and nothing happened! I finally got around to starting it  on Sunday and I finished it today. While it's by no means perfect (a couple of twisted stitches and a small hole where I forgot to bring the yarn to the front, Romily's happy with it and that's really all that matters. If you want to know more about the yarns, etc. I've put the project up on Ravelry, where I'm 'CascadeLily'.

Next up is a similar scarf for Tristan, made from a lovely cornflower blue with pale blue stripes.

PS. please excuse the colours/flash photography - I am still stuck in bed after foot surgery! The scarf is actually royal purple with pastel green stripes.

1 comment:

AJ said...

Well Done Lily! Hopefully you will be back on your feet soon!

PS How grown up does Miss R look!!!!!