Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Allan's Lagoon

I finally finished the lap quilt I made for my father-in-law Allan, using fabric from the Lagoon range by Michael Miller. It's based on an Oh Fransson pattern.
I quilted it with an all-over medium meander, which adds to the sea-like quality of the fabric. Unsurprisingly, I called it Allan's Lagoon :)I had hoped to have it all wrapped up under the Christmas tree, but it wasn't quite finished. At least it's done in time for his departure after lunch today!

Next up is finishing Romily's single bed quilt that I began about two years ago...I'll get there, albeit slowly :)

7 comments:

Emma said...

Good work! I think you made a good quilting choice, too.

Chookyblue...... said...

the quilt looks great.........very manly......

Bec Clarke said...

Just lovely I am sure he will love it.

Kristie said...

That is very nice! Love those fabrics!
Kristie

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely fabrics, colours and quilting!

rode hond said...

This is nice

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can create short urls with AdFly and get $$$$ from every visit to your short urls.