Friday, July 23, 2010

All about food

It seems as though it's all about food around here lately! I was lucky again and won a copy of Bake by TV cook Rachel Allen (who I'd not heard of before but you all know how much I love to BAKE!) from Frills in the Hills (Liss), who was giving away three copies.

I collected mine from the post office yesterday and before I even finished flicking through the pages, had baked the chocolate chip version of the Banana Bread (with a little help from Tristan). The house is now smelling totally divine and I now have a whole recipe book full of new yummy things to try. Thanks again Liss.In crafty news, I'm hoping my PIF gifts arrive at their destinations soon - I sent them registered post, having learned from my last disaster (and no, it - missing quilt, see previous post - still hasn't turned up). I also finished piecing the top for my FIL's quilt - I can't show a picture, as he reads Facebook and this post will appear there automatically. If you follow me on Flickr, you can see a picture of it there.

2 comments:

Liss said...

Hooray.

I just LOVE that book, in fact it's sitting right next to me now!

Enjoy xx

Helen said...

My PIF arrived Lily!!! Its lovely, lovely, lovely!!! Blogging it now. :) Hey I didn't know you are off to the 2011 Sew It Together?? I'm hoping to as well, hoping....