Saturday, January 09, 2010

We're back

We're back from our holidays - exhausted, busy cleaning cars, washing clothes, etc. etc. I also had 450 unread emails, which I am still going through. Fortunately most of it was stuff I subscribe to that's not too important, so can be deleted unread! Otherwise I might still be going through them on Monday, which is when I'm due back at work! Can you believe it? The time has come for me to do some paid work again. I'll be working four days a week, with a precious Friday at home while Carl does one day a week.

Anyway, our holiday? I hear you ask. We had a lovely time - it was busy in Bendigo and Melbourne in the lead-up to Christmas, but we had a lovely time down in Tasmania until Rom, Carl and I got sick - of course. I was hoping that 2010 would bring us good health, but, alas, we're not off to a good start! Nevermind, our immune systems will be so strong...eventually!

I did manage to do a little bit of crafting while we were away, but, naturally, nowhere near as much as I would have liked. I'll post the results when I find my camera (from under all the 'stuff' that is yet to be put away) and have the chance to upload some images. I hope you all had a lovely break over the New Year and are raring to go in Twenty Ten!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Glad you had a nice holiday - it must be terrible with small children as the sickness seems to go round and round the family then back to the start again. It's a bit hot for sewing, isn't it?

Chookyblue...... said...

glad to hear your back safe.........goodluck at work on monday.........

dutchcomfort said...

Welcome back Lily!! Great new blog outfit!

Good luck next Monday!

Sandy's Quilter's Block said...

I hear ya on being exhausted! The stuff we have to do just never ends! I'm assuming one day I'll cross the finish line and never have the stupid things like emails, laundry and shopping to do ever again! So glad you had a good holiday even tho you and Carl got sick.