I whipped up another pair of Candy Pants from Ottobre 1/2008 for Romily. As you can see from the action shots, they're also good for scootering!I also had a go at my very first raglan sleeves - from another Ottobre 1/2008 pattern (#16 Polka Dot Blouse). I've been a bit hesitant to try them, because I didn't know how they worked. Duh! They are so easy! Much easier than setting in cap sleeves, for example! Well, it would have been easier, if I hadn't made a stupid beginner's mistake - I sewed up the front and back panels as sleeves and then wondered why the body looked so narrow and the sleeves so full! I soon realised what I'd done and unsewed the wrong seams (including the finished edges...) and resewed the panels - correctly this time.
I used some giant floral cotton fabric I had in my dressmaking stash and voila. Another great play top for Rom. She likes it a lot - especially when people compliment her on her lovely top!! I was pleased as punch when she said to the Donut King lady: "My mummy made it for me"!
But, that's it for sewing at the moment. Must get this essay done. It's due Monday, but we've all managed to come down with our second cold in as many weeks, so I've asked for and received a two-day extension. I'm feeling lousy, and so are the kids, so I hope it passes soon. I'm really enjoying this course and want to put in my best effort. I hope to get really stuck into it tomorrow. Once it's done I'll reward myself with a spot of sewing before we head south to Victoria for Easter.
And a big PHEW! Julia, for whom I made the 'Winter Blues' table runner as part of the Four Seasons Monochromatic Challenge Swap, received and loved it! I'm doing my little happy dance, as we've both had our faith in quilting swaps restored :)