Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Best Part of Making a Cake

Carl and I imposed on our friends again on Saturday night, as we had a 50th birthday party to go to and wanted to enjoy ourselves without having to chase Romily around the place all night.

Romily had a lovely time at their place, and as a thank you, I baked them a banana and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It looks good enough to eat doesn't it?

Romily thought so!


A busy week this week. Adelaide for work Tuesday and yesterday, flew home late last night and I fly out again tomorrow morning, this time to Melbourne. I'm staying overnight with my parents after an all-day meeting - they're going to pick me up from work and we'll head out for dinner. I'll fly back to Canberra around midday on Saturday. It'll be nice to see them even if it's just for one night.

6 comments:

Clare said...

Yummy looking cake. Bet yo ucan't wait for the weekend.

Joyce said...

You are right about the best part of making a cake! I can see, with all that flying,why you'd like to live quietly in Tasmania.

Little Munchkins said...

Oh yum! I wish I do as much baking as you do. I love cakes but I am hopeless at baking them. I just buy them.

Sounds like a busy week for you. Hope you have a great time with your parents.

Unknown said...

Perk of the job there for Romily for being Mummy's little helper :o)

Jenni said...

That's a busy week. Nothing beats licking the bowl or the beaters, does it?

Simonetta said...

Gnammm looking cake,Romily is adorable!Have a great time with your parents!