I'd love to say I 'whipped up' this little number in no time at all, but setting the zip had me completely undone! I ripped it twice before getting out my Janome instruction manual and going through the sewing a zip instructions step by step. I ended up having to unpick the entire back seam to do this and found the whole process tiresome and frustrating!
However, I am now quite happy with how this hibiscus print contrast dress turned out. It's from a Burda 'Easy' pattern (number 9740) and has matching pants and a little bag. I'll be making them next. I also have plans to make this dress and pants in different fabrics, which I have already bought - naturally! I love how the manufacturers describe the pattern as 'very easy' - it certainly is...if you know how to sew zips. There were zero instructions other than 'sew zip'. Very useful...not!
Getting a good photo of the dress was no easy object...my little model was highly uncooperative and I managed to get quite a sullen shot and quite a silly shot, with Carl doing the corralling honours.
We're having a nice, easy, relaxing weekend so far. We caught up this morning with some friends and their 8mo baby this morning - they are about to head off to the UK for three years - Coach won a scholarship to do his PhD at Cambridge so they're packing up and disappearing. It's hard to believe Romily will have started school by the time they return to Australia! Campbell, their son (the baby I made Wonky Geese for), is just gorgeous - the spitting image of his dad - he'll be nearly four by the time they get back! Crikey.