Friday, March 30, 2012
However, now I'm older and and more determined, I don't give up so easily and have learned to persist even when things aren't perfect - just like this scarf, which is fatter at one end than the other. I somehow managed to increase the number of stitches per row. I could have frogged it, but I decided it didn't really matter. I started this project about three years ago, forgot about it, and rediscovered it about two months ago. I've been working on it at night in front of the telly (too stuffed from work to do anything more mindful) and finished it today. My new adage is 'better finished than perfect'!
For those knitters out there, the yarn is Patons Ostrich (736), knitted on 4.5mm needles. It's about 160cm long plus fringing.
Next on the needles will be a simple 2 x 2 rib scarf for Romily.